Urban Health Opportunities Program (UHOP) at the University of Nebraska
PURPOSE OF UHOP: To diversify the urban Nebraska primary care medical workforce by identifying and preparing qualified students from underrepresented groups to enter and succeed in medical school.”
See Urban Health Opportunities Program
MINIMUM UHOP SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
- You must be a high school senior.
- You must be a permanent resident or citizen of the United States, and be a Nebraska resident.
- Prior to applying, you must have achieved an ACT composite AND math score of 23 or higher. You must also have an unweighted high school GPA mnimum of 3.0.
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your current high school unweighted GPA?
- What is your best ACT Math OR Accuplacer Math score?
- Parent #1 occupation:
- Parent #2 occupation:
- Upload ESSAY #1 (no more than 2 pages) in response to this statement: "Describe why you wish to be a physician, and how you will help achieve the purpose of the UHOP program."
- Upload ESSAY #2 (no more than 2 pages) in response to this statement: "Describe what you will bring to the practice of medicine – your values, talents, and life experiences – and how you add to the cultural, multilingual, ethnic, and/or socioeconomic diversity of this clinical profession."
- Upload an official or unofficial copy of your high school TRANSCRIPT.
- Upload a color copy of a PHOTO ID (school ID, driver’s license, etc.).
- Upload PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP or permanent residency (passport, Social security card, birth certificate, etc.).
- LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION You must provide the name and email address from any TWO of the following: a high school principal, a high school counselor, a high school science teacher, and/or a medical professional. Once you save or submit your application, the references you list will be sent an email asking to provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Show 5 more