SCW DREAMers Scholarship
The Arizona Law Offices of Snow, Carpio & Weekley are pleased to offer the S.C.W. DREAMers Scholarship. The Scholarship is open nationwide to those who will be attending college fall semester of 2020. Applicants must be an High School Senior or undergraduate United States DREAMer. Immigrants who meet certain criteria as listed below are referred to as DREAMers as they fill the requirements of the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act. This scholarship is judged & awarded primarily on merit & need.
- Immigrant under the age of 25
- Entered the United States before age 16
- Have lived continuously in the country for at least five years
- Have not been convicted of a felony, a “significant” misdemeanor, or three other misdemeanors
- Applicant must be a DREAMer as specified above
- Completed application must be submitted online by June 30, 2020. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applicant must plan to attend college by fall semester 2020.
- Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- A transcript must be attached to application for consideration.
- Applicant must submit an un-opened copy of official transcripts if selected as a finalist.
- This scholarship is a one-time award worth $2,500 to be awarded the fall semester of 2020.
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application.
- Applicant will be required to demonstrate both their merit and their need for this scholarship.
Video Submission Requirements:
- The video must answer one of the following prompts:
– What sets me apart.
– What inspires me.
– Why I’m pursuing my degree in _______.
- The submission must be unique and original to you, from your point of view. The video is not meant to have other people talk about your qualifications. However, other people may be in your video.
- The style of the video is up to you; whatever you feel best convinces us of your answer (artistic, narrated, documentary etc).
- Must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo. You will share the link with us when you fill out the application.
- Must include the hashtag #SCWDreamer in the actual video and in the description.
- Video must be more than 1 minute and less than 3 minutes in duration.
- The submission must not portray the United States in a derogatory manner.