Military Spouse Scholarship
Each year, the Offutt Enlisted Spouses Club awards college scholarships to graduating seniors and spouses who are dependents of active duty, retired or deceased military personnel. Recipients can be affiliated with any military rank or branch but must be living in Cass, Sarpy or Douglas counties in Nebraska or Mills and Pottawattamie counties in Iowa.
This program is not limited to those involved with the OESC.
The OESC Scholarship Committee Selection Panel will determine the award recipient based on current scholastic achievement and an essay explaining why the applicant is pursuing further education and how he/she believes further education will be of personal benefit in the future.
The Scholarship Chair Molly Phillips will chair the Scholarship Selection Panel as a non-voting member. The panel may include but is not limited to: community, school, business and enlisted representatives.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in an accredited program of study.
- Applicant must be a military spouse (officer or enlisted: active duty, retired, or deceased) in Cass, Sarpy, or Douglas counties in Nebraska or Mills and Pottawattamie counties in Iowa.
- Acceptance of any full scholarship*, or another OOSC/OESC scholarship, before or after selection as a recipient of an OESC Spouse Scholarship, will automatically terminate consideration for entitlement to an OESC scholarship. In such event, that scholarship will be awarded to an alternate in order of merit. *The OESC policy defines a full scholarship as having a student’s tuition, room, and board paid.
- Previous recipients of the OESC Spouse Scholarship are not eligible for consideration.
- Children/Step-children, or spouses of any OESC Scholarship committee or Selection Panel member are not eligible for a scholarship in the year that person serves.